On Friday 15 May 2009 11:48, Mark Post wrote:

>> Mark - SMT sounds useful but the majority of my linux servers on z are
>> created by mainstar's provisioning expert for linux and managed by it.
>> Thus SMT would be useful for the PEL base servers but not the instances it
>> creates.
>
>So, doesn't PEL keep track of all the systems it creates?  Can you extract
> that info programmatically to stuff into a roll-your-own CMDB?  If not,
> then what MacK suggested sounds reasonable.

Well, of course it does.  There's command line programs to get at all that
information, which is in XML files anyway so it's pretty open.
        - MacK.
-----
Edmund R. MacKenty
Software Architect
Rocket Software
275 Grove Street · Newton, MA 02466-2272 · USA
Tel: +1.617.614.4321
Email: m...@rs.com
Web: www.rocketsoftware.com