I read through this thread. I see information about db2fmcd, which
you say did not cause your problem. I don't see anything in the thread
that tells me about the problem or fix to the kernel.

Can you point me to information about the kernel problem?

Just to confuse things, we have Red Hat, not SuSE.

>Thanks everyone for your help!  Based on everything I've read, I concluded
>to upgrade the kernel to 2.6.16.60-0.37.  That has solve our issue.  As
>for the db2fmcd process, I did not find that running nor in the /etc/inittab,
>so no changes were made there.

Alan Ackerman
Alan (dot) Ackerman (at) Bank of America (dot) com