From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:linux-...@vm.marist.edu] On Behalf Of
Marcy Cortes
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 7:33 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Dasd_diag_mod question

Question, what is the value of using diag for swapping to vdisk?
Even if it is a more efficient driver, you're swapping to memory.  How
much does it save?
And how much swapping would you need to be doing for any savings to be
worthwhile?  Wouldn't it be simpler to just increase the VM size to an
amount that minimizes swapping?  Or are there servers you *want*
swapping a lot for some reason and if so why?

Inquiring minds...

Marcy