On 09/07/2009 02:00 PM, Don Williams wrote:
A few days ago, our IBM sales support surveyed us, asking if we used CMMA. I had to
tell him that I did not even know what it was. He said that it was a memory
management process. Being a gray haired z/OS systems programmer, but newbie to
z/VM&  zLinux (inherited responsibility for z/VM and SUSE by default), my
curiosity begs me to ask what is CMMA? Should I care?

(changed subject line to follow new thread topic)

As CMMA (i.e CMM2) is no longer in any linux distro (RHEL or SuSE), I
wouldn't put much effort into investigating it for the time being.  It
will be awhile before it resurfaces as a usable feature.

CMM is currently in both RHEL and SuSE, and you can read about it here:
http://www.vm.ibm.com/sysman/vmrm/vmrmcmm.html

And some further information here:
http://www.vm.ibm.com/perf/reports/zvm/html/530cmm.html