Bobby,

I have a procedure that we use for SLES.  At the point you are doing the
restore, you are using lvm commands.  There should not be too much of a
difference between redhat and SLES in that regard.  Send me a note
offlist if you would like it.

Ron

Bauer, Bobby (NIH/CIT) [E] wrote:
We are testing FDR Upstream and I'm trying to simulate a DR test for our z/VM
(5.4) and Linux servers(Redhat v5). Innovation isn't being very helpful. MY
Linux skills are not great being a converted MVS sysprog but I'm having a
difficult time getting through this. I'm told lots of companies use this
product so if you have it working and use LVM's for your servers, would you be
willing to share with me the process you use when you go to DR.

I can get the volumes I want to restore to attached to my rescue server but get
all jumbled up when it comes time to:
*make a file system
*sizing a new logical volume on the new volume group
*how to mount this logical volume and point the restore to it

Bobby Bauer
Center for Information Technology
National Institutes of Health
Bethesda, MD 20892-5628