Hi,

I'm trying to figure out why some of our SLES10 images have a 5 second
delay before prompting for the password during initial SSH logon. It
only happens once; if I put in a wrong password, it re-prompts
immediately. The images that have the delay are clones of the original
which does not have a delay. After cloning I changed eth0, HOSTNAME,
hosts, resolv.conf, and routes to their new values. nsswitch.conf is the
same.

I did some experimenting with CA PAM authentication a few months ago,
but have since turned it back off. I checked with the z/OS admin to make
sure there was nothing coming in from Linux. This is a relatively minor
issue, but I want to make sure it doesn't precipitate a bigger problem
down the road.

Ray Mrohs
U.S. Department of Justice
202-307-6896