Craig,

Pieter gave you the information on how to bond multiple OSA adapters together.
He did not cover the user direct entries.  You will need some dedicate
statements in your directory.  Lets say that your Linux guest is looking for
the vswitch at 0.0.0600 0.0.0601 0.0.0602, and your OSA subchannels that you
can use are at 0.0.0c00, 0.0.c01, and 0.0.c02, then your dedicate statements
would look like this:

DEDICATE 600 c00
DEDICATE 601 c01
DEDICATE 602 c02

Pieter's example below has 4 OSA adapters bonded together, so you would need 3
more sets of dedicate statements.

Remember when dedicating OSA adapters for zLinux guests, that each set of
subchannels can only be used once in an LPAR.  You can have a Linux LPAR that
uses c00, c01, and c02.  You have have two LPARs that use c00, c01, and c02.
You cannot have two Linux guests use c00, c01, c02.  Assuming the folks that
did your I/O configuration (and you have the right hardware) allow it, you can
have one guest use c00, c01, and c02, and another guest use c03, c04, c05.  (I
don't know if bonding will prevent this.)

The other thing to look at is MTU size.  If you are wanting to move a lot of
data, you want to be using jumbo frames.  (Whether you are using vswitches or
dedicated OSAs.)

The other wild card is z/VM 6.1.  According to Reed Mullen's SHARE
presentation, is that it contains changes to enhance z/VM's virtual networking.
 I don't know by how much.  At SHARE, Bill Bitner said that z/VM 6.1 was not
ready to be talked about.

Ron