On Monday 21 December 2009 16:14, McKown, John wrote:
>I am logged onto Linux. I want to download a number of z/OS datasets. I do
> the following:
>When the mget ends, the files on Linux are all upper case. I would prefer
> them to be lower case. I get lower case, if I do:
>Any ideas of an easy way to have lower case? Yes, I know how to lower case
> the Linux file names after doing the ftp. I'm just lazy.

My SLES 10 ftp client (lukemftp) supports a "case" command, and the manpage
says it does this:

Toggle remote computer file name case mapping during mget
commands.  When case is on (default is off), remote computer
file names with all letters in upper case are written in the
local directory with the letters mapped to lower case.

Sounds like what you want.
        - MacK.
-----
Edmund R. MacKenty
Software Architect
Rocket Software
275 Grove Street · Newton, MA 02466-2272 · USA
Tel: +1.617.614.4321
Email: m...@rs.com
Web: www.rocketsoftware.com