> I made a typo when I added a new logical volume to fstab, ...

It's a common and easy mistake.  Here's a tip ... before rebooting, if
there have been changes to /etc/fstab, then do this:

        mount -a

It will cause the system to [re]examine /etc/fstab and try to mount
everything which would be mounted at boot time.  It will let you know
if it doesn't like something.  Pass it on.

Rick Troth
Velocity Software
http://www.velocitysoftware.com/