Jerry --

What John said.  (Even though he is evidently stoned at the moment.)

The name "DCSS" is a little confusing if you are new to Linux-on-z.
But it is nothing more or less than a chunk of memory shared by
several virtual machines.

Best use for Linux is to stuff filesystems in it.  If you want to use
it the same way as Linux shares memory among processes, then you'll
need some  *external*  method of signaling.  Good luck with that.

DCSS is pretty cool stuff.  I (and others) can rattle on about it.
But what exactly did  >you<  want to do?

Rick Troth
Velocity Software
http://www.velocitysoftware.com/