I have a process that may or may not be running in background.

When I use any of the forms of "ps", it shows the process running, but, I don't
understand if any of the fields being displayed, indicate that this is a BG
process.  It all looks the same to me <G>.

If the process is running in the background, I need to follow the path of how
did it get there (bg).  If the process isn't running in background, I have a
different problem all together.

Thanks

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting