On Thursday, August 04, 2011 10:56:14 am you wrote:
> Removing the second -o helped but then I got bad parm msg. So then I just
> entered mount 27.1.39.74:/st1mat /mnt  and did not get any error. I did
> get a permission denied when trying to cd to /mnt after the mount. The
> permissions for /mnt are drwxr-xr-x  2 root root  4096 Mar 17 12:04 mnt.
> Thanks
>
> [root@lndb2con /]# mount -o ver=2 27.1.xx.xx:/st1mat /mnt
> Bad nfs mount parameter: ver
> [root@lndb2con /]# mount 27.1.xx.xx:/st1mat /mnt
> [root@lndb2con /]# cd mnt
> -bash: cd: mnt: Permission denied

Root generally does not have access to remote filesystems, unless the
no_root_squash option is given in the exports file on the remote system.  This
is to prevent security issues with root on one system having root access to
files on another system.  See exports(5) for details.

Try accessing /mnt as a non-root user.  It will probably work OK.
        - MacK.
-----
Edmund R. MacKenty
Software Architect
Rocket Software
275 Grove Street  -  Newton, MA 02466-2272  -  USA
Tel: +1.617.614.4321
Email: m...@rs.com
Web: www.rocketsoftware.com