I don't know z/OS well enough to say if
"FILESYSTEM(SYS1.OMVS.NFSTEST)"  is required.  Does not make sense
that you would need a local empty ZFS filesystem.  The "filesystem" of
interest is a sub-directory of a remote filesystem.  (Or could be the
entire remote filesystem.)  So at first blush, I would think you have
introduced a conflict.  What is z/OS supposed to do with the local FS
when you're trying to mount a remote FS?

> 8B= operation not permitted
> 6E05=ownership issue

These errors *look* like the server rejecting you.  But I am confused
by your use of the local ZFS.

The  "MOUNTPOINT('/u/st1mat/test/')"  makes perfect sense.  The norm
is that it be an empty directory.  Most Unix systems require only that
it exist.  (If it has any content, the content is obscured by the NFS
filesystem you mount over it.)  You said it exists in USS.  Good.
Ownership of that (empty) directory may come into play.  You might
need to ask people on the MVS-OE discussion.  (But some of them are
probably on this list too.)

So then ... "27.1.39.104" is the Linux system, yes?  And "/matt"
exists and has been listed in your /etc/exports file there, correct?
What happens next is that 27.1.39.104 sees connections coming from
z/OS.  What is that IP address?  The Linux NFS server will need to
resolve that address to a hostname.  That hostname must match what is
allowed via /etc/exports.  Personally, I find that I often must list
these "clients" in /etc/hosts.  (on the Linux NFS server side)  There
are changes to the Linux NFS server which I haven't kept up with, so
there are probably a dozen ways to skin this cat.

Say, for example, that MVS is at 27.1.39.101.  Call it "mymvs".
/etc/hosts would include ...

        27.1.39.101        mymvs

and /etc/exports would include ...

        /matt        mymvs(ro)

YOU MAY be able to export by address, but most of us will tell you
"use hostnames".

        /matt        27.1.39.101(ro)

Rick Troth
Velocity Software