"You'll then also need the other
volumes, probably also at their prior subchannel addresses.  (I/O
addresses are not necessarily cast in stone, but you don't know at
this point.)"

In my experience, the important address to get correct is the IPL
volume.  That address appears to be baked into the initrd.

We use lvm here, so if all the lvm volumes are there accessible
to the lpar, lvm will find them regardless of the address.

You can run without swap volumes long enough to fix them.

If you are lucky, then the system will come up in full muti-user
mode.

If not..

Then if "/" gets mounted, then you have access to commands
that would be useful to fix the situation.  (Just for such
emergencies, we leave a specially named fstab in /etc
that mounts a minimum number of filesystems.  We put that
fstab in place and see if the boot gets a little farther.)

One of the key things if you get far enough is to see how
the fstab is constructed.  There are several types of mounts.
Some require the volumes to have a certain address.  Some
might be tied to the storage controller in use.  Some might require
certain subchannel addresses.

If you get into multi-user mode, but without a network
adapter that works, then you hope that that the inittab has
the entry in it that lets you access the emulated ascii
terminal on the HMC.

How good is the documentation concerning these systems.
Did someone turn on sitar or something like it to
produce documentation.  Do you still have it somewhere?
If so, then it should be easier to match the environment that
this image is expecting.  How about DR documentation?  If
someone saved the image, they might have also saved the
recovery documentation.

BTW, I am a SLES person, I don't know if Red Hat
works the same way.

Good luck,
Ron