Stop calling this a security problem.  (but see below about the conf
file)  The security point for virtual machines is devices.  If the
device is available, then whatever the guest does is okay by
definition.

Just because the current crop of security weebles don't "get it" does
not a true problem make.  They are going to have to figure out
virtualization eventually.  (Maybe compare MVS vols to USB sticks?
Would the light bulb come on then?)  If the security police don't want
the disk (or flash drive) read and/or reformatted by (eg) the Windoze
box, don't plug it in!

If one wants to take issue with the config file being mis-tagged as a
security solution, THAT is a legit beef.  It's a doc issue.  (Jacob
was on this list a year ago. Guessing he still is, but please, debate
it offline.)  But again, it's outside the security model of
virtualization.  (Thankfully the name of that dataset does not have
"sec" in it.)

Rick Troth
Velocity Software
http://www.velocitysoftware.com/