And ZVPS from Velocity Software supports microsoft as well as linux on
x86 for operations as well as full performance management.

David Boyes wrote:
Looking at the Microsoft websites (not very
helpful of course, more marketing, little
technical) for SCOM (System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2), I do see it
can be used with Linux, but does not get into the detail of which architecture.
I would safely assume x86, but would it work on s390x?

The generic SNMP support works fine with SCOM if you install netsnmp on the
Linux guests and load the appropriate MIB files into SCOM. Microsoft doesn't
supply a 390x binary for their extended agents, so the amount of introspection
you can do is limited, but if standard MIB2 stuff is good enough, that works
fine.