From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of McKown,
John
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 4:08 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Any way to summarize system ACL settings?

I've not done much, but my first step was:

getfacl -Rst . | tr  '\n' ' ' |  { sed 's/#/\n#/g'; echo; } | cat

In a small test in the current directory, I had two files with ACLs in ~/z.
When I ran the above in ~, the output looked like:

# file: z/sort.info USER   tsh009    rw-      user   tss       r--      GROUP
TSHG      r--      mask             r--      other            r--
# file: z/gawk.info USER   tsh009    rw-      user   postgres  r--      user
tss       r--      GROUP  TSHG      r--      mask             r--      other
        r--

Where the # is the first character in the link. In case of wrapping, there are
only two lines above, both starting with the #. My thought is to pipe that into
a Perl script for processing. There is one line per file, which I think would
be easier to parse up correctly. Unfortunately, I don't really have a lot of
time right now to "mess around". Also, I don't have very many files with ACLs,
so generating example output would be difficult for me.

Hope this helps you at least a small amount. I really think parsing the output
above will be easier than the output from getfacl.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group