Hello Lee,

From the technical notes for the 6.3
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/6.3_Technical_Notes/index.html#storage_and_fs_tp
Btrfs, BZ#614121
Btrfs is under development as a file system capable of addressing and managing
more files, larger files, and larger volumes than the ext2, ext3, and ext4 file
systems. Btrfs is designed to make the file system tolerant of errors, and to
facilitate the detection and repair of errors when they occur. It uses
checksums to ensure the validity of data and metadata, and maintains snapshots
of the file system that can be used for backup or repair. The Btrfs Technology
Preview is only available on AMD64 and Intel 64 architectures.

Btrfs is still experimental
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 includes Btrfs as a technology preview to allow you
to experiment with this file system. You should not choose Btrfs for partitions
that will contain valuable data or that are essential for the operation of
important systems.
Package: btrfs-progs-0.19-12

More info on btrfs:
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/techbriefs/introduction-btrfs
I will find out more info on btrfs for RHEL on System z and get back to you.

Filipe Miranda
Linux on System z