friends --

Sincere apologies for blank messages and other strangeness and all
this recent noise.

Tom Kennelly, Rich Smrcina, Dennis Andrews (maybe others) pointed out
that some of my posts to this list show up blank.  The bad behavior is
seen when I post with Thunderbird+Enigmail and people view the post
also using Thunderbird.

Some details follow.

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Rick Troth <r...@casita.net> wrote:
> At least the text below is viewable via TBird.
>
> If this gets through, details follow.

The above was sent with a PGP/MIME sig that appears to have been
removed.  (But in all this playing musical mailboxes, I could have
missed a step and fallen on the floor!)

At first I thought the problem happened with crypto-signing of the
message.  (I did some test before flooding the list.  I really did!)
But now it appears that the problem happens when the fancy HTML based
signature is applied.  In any case, clearly the multipart structure is
getting whacked.  And we know that LISTSERV likes to get up-close and
personal when it comes to attachments (which require multipart), so
maybe that's where the remedy lies.  It only occurs when posting via
LISTSERV.

--
-- R;
Rick Troth