Have you issued the top command in linux or anything else to get an idea of
what is grinding so hard?

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Victor
Echavarry Diaz
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 10:00 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: High cpu utilization on vm/linux LPAR

>From a couple of days one of our Linux LPAR are continuously using 100% of two
>cpu. We are on EC12 with z/VM SSI 6.2, two IFL's CPU's, 61440 MB of RAM, 4096
>Extended RAM and the guest are running on SLES 11SP2. Do anyone has similar
>problems or there is a kernel update for this issue.

Regards,

Victor Echavarry
System Programmer, EVERTEC LLC

WARNING: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it
immediately.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of EVERTEC, Inc. or its
affiliates. Finally, the integrity and security of this message cannot be
guaranteed on the Internet, and as such EVERTEC, Inc. and its affiliates accept
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. This
message may be an attorney-client or work product communication which is
privileged and confidential. It may also contain protected health information
that is protected by federal law. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately by telephone and destroy (shred) the
original message and all attachments. Any review, dissemination, distribution
or copying of this message by any person other than the intended recipient(s)
or their authorized agents is strictly prohibited. Thank you.