From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Scott
Rohling
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2014 12:28 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Question on WWPN WP

I'm not familiar with the WPT tool, but my experience using NPIV would leave me
to believe that the tool simply tells you what you're new WWPN's will be for
the FCP channels, so that you can get zoning, etc established
before migrating to it.    I don't believe you'll have to change anything
on the Linux guests - as the target WWPN's on the fabric won't change - only
the WWPN associated with the virtual device you attach to the Linux
guests will.   So if you know which virtual devices you'll use - they can
zone things so those new WWPNs have access to same SAN as the old.   Then
you should be able to come up on the new box without changing anything.
After you migrate - they can remove the old WWPN's from the zoning.
That's my understanding, but my experience is mostly on the z/VM side and using
EDEV with NPIV WWPN's..  I assume the same concepts apply to Linux guests
directly attaching the stuff..

Scott Rohling

For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/