Hello,

Oracle schedules jobs via CRON.   Looks like user was editing  his CRON with
using "crontab -e".

Had some messages showing cron was locked.  See below.

Restarted CRON, stopped/started CRON  no improvement.  I tried to schedule a
simple CRON  as  oracle, does not run, no mail message.

CRON works Ok for root.

Errors when CRON stopped for oracle:
Jun  3 03:01:01 anacron[20959]: Anacron started on 2014-06-03
Jun  3 03:01:01 anacron[20959]: Job `cron.daily'  locked  by another anacron -
skipping
Jun  3 03:01:01 anacron[20959]: Job `cron.weekly'  locked  by another anacron -
skipping
Jun  3 03:01:01 anacron[20959]: Normal exit (0 jobs run)

Simple CRON trying to run for Oracle:
03 20 * * * echo hi > /tmp/oracle.test.cron

Thanks
Joe

Joseph Vitale
Technology Services Group
Mainframe Operating Systems
95 Christopher Columbus Drive
Floor 14
Jersey City,  N.J.  07302
Work  201-395-1509
Cell    917-903-0102

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential
and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying
or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, or any information contained
therein, by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended
recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your
computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we
do not guarantee that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any
damage sustained as a result of viruses.

Please refer to http://disclaimer.bnymellon.com/eu.htm for certain disclosures
relating to European legal entities.