Crystal clear, thank you, Scott.

        WBR, Sergey

Scott Rohling <scott.rohl...@gmail.com>
Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
28-04-15 19:58
Please respond to Linux on 390 Port

        To:     LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU,
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: VM EDEVICE multipath for Linux

In the case of a minidisk allocated from an EDEVICE -- you only have a
single path to work with on the Linux guest...

z/VM will use multipathing for the EDEVICE to handle IO requests coming
from several guests/minidisks using the EDEVICE -- but each guest can only
queue one io on each minidisk allocated from the EDEVICE (there is only a
single address for the minidisk).   If you want to have true multipathing
at the Linux level - you'll have to use directly attached FCP
subchannels...

Scott Rohling

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or