Larry,
Yes, we call SWAPGEN from PROFILE EXEC.  We normally put VDISK swap devices on
virtual addresses 100 and 101.  For each of these addresses, our PROFILE EXEC
checks for the existence of a device at that address.  If it finds one, it
leaves it alone.  If not, PROFILE EXEC calculates the size of a virtual disk as
a percentage of memory size, observing the limit of 4,194,296 blocks, and
defines it with a DEFINE VFB-512 command.  PROFILE EXEC then uses QUERY VIRTUAL
DASD to find all VDISK's defined to the guest and formats them with SWAPGEN.
All Linux guests have a shared read-only 191 disk, so they all have the same
PROFILE EXEC.

This allows us to have three different flavors of swap disk, all of which are
eligible for LGR:
1. Defined dynamically as a default percentage of memory.
2. Defined in the directory with COMMAND DEFINE VFB-512 at a specific size.
3. Defined in the directory on 3390 DASD.

The typical guest has two swap disks at a percentage of memory and one on 3390.

                                                            Dennis O'Brien

2 Sep 1945 - The Japanese Instrument of Surrender is signed on board USS
Missouri in Tokyo Bay.  President Truman proclaims this as the official V-J Day.

And you do the SWAPGEN commands in the PROFILE EXEC also

Larry Davis,
VM Capability