This is the reason I have re-invested in a full rewrite of ZPRO to
completely eliminate any need for SMAPI.  Our community objectives
should be to make our systems easier to implement and maintain.
Companies are not investing in the training as in the past, skills are
harder to acquire, and investing in systems where increased skills will
be required in the future is completely the wrong direction.  I've
always found SMAPI to require training and education beyond what most of
the installations out there want to invest. (How many systems
programmers do you know  have an extra week to pull out manuals and
figure all this stuff out???)   SMAPI is there to provide access from
outside world to run z/vm, and I've yet to find anybody using it that
thinks it has anything to do with making a system easier to implement or
maintain.