From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Alan
Altmark
Sent: Friday, November 06, 2015 4:28 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: Change common service filepool name from POOL1 to VMPSFS - New
z/VM cookbook questions

On Thursday, 11/05/2015 at 12:06 EST, "Will, Chris" <cw...@bcbsm.com>
wrote:
> I have been going through the new z/vm 6.3 cookbook that uses sfs for
many
> functions.  I set up a 2 member SSI cluster using the previous z/vm
> 6.3
redbook
> but used name "POOL1" for the common service filepool name during the
install
> and would like to change it to VMPSFS.  Any way to change this?  Also,
in the
> redbook they format a disk for use by vmses/e (address 1564/label
> vv1564
in the
> book) but then it is never referenced again.

If an answer doesn't appear soon, I suggest opening a PMR.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant Lab Services System z Delivery
Practice IBM Systems & Technology Group ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323
mobile; 607.321.7556
alan_altm...@us.ibm.com
IBM Endicott

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/

The information contained in this communication is highly confidential and is
intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom this communication is
directed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any viewing, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information is
prohibited. Please notify the sender, by electronic mail or telephone, of any
unintended receipt and delete the original message without making any copies.

 Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Care Network of Michigan are
nonprofit corporations and independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue
Shield Association.