On 01/23/2016 02:29 PM, Offer Baruch wrote:
> Did you try simply taking the fcp devices offline and then online again?
> That should be enough... (although that shouldn`t be necessary in the first
> place).

Hi,

No.  I haven't for these initial deployments but now that you mention
it, I remember once we had to recognize some new "targets" ( new LUNs
were presented thru some new ports on the storage-array) and
rescan-scsi-bus.sh didn't help.  It wasn't until we turned off & on the
FCP devices (thru zfcp_host_configure) that we were able to see these LUNs.

I guess this is what's happening:  We enabled both FCPs when there
weren't any zones created yet.  It appears that rescan-scsi-bus.sh only
works to recognize new LUNs thru *existing* known targets (but if
targets aren't recognize nothing shows up).

In a nutshell, on a new deployment this seems to be way to go:

1) FCP devices are configured for guest
2) FCP devices are put online & configured for startup activation
(zfcp_host_configure)
3) WWPN are gathered to request zones & LUN assignment
4) zones are created & LUNs presented
5) some MISSING COMMAND here to recognize these new targets
6) rescan-scsi-bus.sh to see these LUNs.

There's got to be something better than offlining/onlining the FCP
devices for step #5 here. The question still remains:  shouln't
rescan-scsi-bus.sh pick up these new targets as well?

Thanks,
Jorge