We have two VDISKs and one real disk for swap area for each zLinux server. We
run SWAPGEN on all of them every time we boot CMS, but as you point out, it
only has to be done once for the real disk.

The VDISK are 10% and 5% of memory size (up to VDISK maximum. The real disk is
800 cyl.

I'm not sure why we did that. (Other recommendations are welcome.) I remember
IBM suggested swap = 10-15% of memory, and to use VDISK. I don't remember where
the real disk came from, though.

The theory is we track when the third (real) disk is used. But we never set
that up. (I guess I'd better ask Velocity Software how to alert for that.)

Alan Ackerman
alan.ackerma...@gmail.com