Agreed - there is an appendix of facilities - but no listing of bit numbers
so it's confusing -- you need to go here (z/Arch reference summary) to find
a listing of the bits and their description..   It's there that I find bit
44 is PFPO -- certainly not in the hercules doc unless I'm blind...:

https://www-304.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg29c69415c1e82603c852576700058075a&aid=1

Scott Rohling