I didn't want to hijack the original thread so....

The conclusion on the original thread was that you need to be on a
supported release of Suse when you go to a new z13.  This involved SSH and
I assume crypto hardware.

We have been planing to go to a z13 this year.
I've said that many times before as we are on a z890, and have planed to go
to a z9, z10, z114, z12 and now z13.

We have SLES 9, SLES 10 and SLES 11 running.
(After WAVV in 2011, I did manage to sunset our SLES 7 and SLES 8 guests)

I'm ok with not being able to use new features/functions that are on a
z13/zVM 6, on the unsupported software, but I'm now concerned about what I
might loose, or crash with the new hardware.

SSH isn't much of a problem, as there are so few people that actually log
on to Linux or use SSH with Linux applications.

So, the question is:
Is there any other problems that others have come across, when migrating
unsupported SLES systems to a z13?

Thanks

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting