Hi All -

We were having a discussion in the test lab here on the customer usage of
guest relocation on VM with SSI - so I decided to hit up the experts.

If you are able to, do you actually use the RELOCATE function ?
If so, how often ? How many at once ?
Do you drive it manually or have you written tools to do it for you ?

My theory was that we can guess a customer that performs RELOCATEs will do
so something like the following:

4 service outtages per year for CP service
times 2 LPARs ( at least )
times 2 relocates per guest ( Out, and back In )
times the number of guests that actually get relocated
== the number of relocates per year for that customer.

But I could be way off base - feel free to reply direct to me or to the
list - whatever suits your fancy.

Thanks!

--
Jay Brenneman