wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've searched everywhere and I cannot find for editing Linux files while
> logged in with 3270. Vi will just get me stuck.  I looked at 'ed', but I get
> stuck as well... any recommendations??

The ed command works fine, but you need to understand how to use it.  It's ...
different.

I frequently use sed, but if you're at the point where the root file system is
mounted, you should be able to use the terminal server access.  This allows you
to SSH to the terminal server, then connect to the target system and use the
normal vi/vim editors.

Mark Post

http://wiki.linuxvm.org/