Just a thought:

Have you seem Origin Openshift? The community version can be built on Linux for
z Systems:
https://github.com/linux-on-ibm-z/docs/wiki/Building-OpenShift-Origin

IBM actually did all the heavy lifting porting the components from x86 to s390x.
Origin Openshift can help you to manage the resources using containers to
provide a DevOps environment.

--
Filipe