>>> On 2/16/2017 at 08:17 AM, Christer Solskogen <christer.solsko...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Any by node name, you mean hostname?
> I still get it with a hostname that is only six characters long :/
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 1:44 PM, Waite, Dick (External) <
> dick.wa...@softwareag.com> wrote:
>
>> Grand Day,
>> It's a known issue. I expect your node name is 8 chars long. There is a
>> fix, sorry I'm in the wilds at the moment. As a work-a-round us a 7 byte or
>> less node name.
>> __R

Dick didn't have it quite right.  The trigger he's remembering is anything less
than 8 characters (not 7) in the z/VM guest name (not Linux host name) will
trigger a bug.  I'm not convinced that's the same bug as you're seeing.  The
bug he's referring to was getting a "-3" return code from "read_values -s", and
you're getting a "-2" from "read_values -c".  What type of processor is this
running on?  A z13, or z13s?  Also, what does "read_values -V" return?