On Thu, 8 Jun 2017, Mark Post wrote:

> I'm not aware of any email client that will pick and choose
> which sections of an email are base64 and decode them on the
> fly.  I suspect the solution is not going to be on the
> LISTSERV side, but on each poster's client.  Which makes it
> extremely unlikely for a solution to be found.

assuming the MIME headers are intact, Alpine will.  That said,
I also feel my inbound email through a 'procmail' based
decoding front end.  There was formerly a general 'mimedecode'
package around, but it too is fragile.  'sniffing' the
headers, and feeding content through openssl can also handle
the decodes, but it is fugly

-- Russ herrold