Hello linux-390 list,

I was talking about z/VM, Linux and the SMAPI layer with others who also
work with KVM on z as a hipervisor (myself, I have never had the
opportunity to try it).

Then I had a crazy thought that what might be cool is an interface to SMAPI
for KVM.  Yes, the verbs and objects would be all wrong, but in principle,
would it be doable?  Could you have one 'front end', calling SMAPIs and
performing operations on both z/VM and KVM? This is probably naive, but I
thinking along the lines of Linux's Hardware Abstraction Layer.

--
     -Mike MacIsaac