Your old recipe is still usable with the current version of those linux
flavors on z14 I think - ie if you built the recipe on sles 11 on EC12 then
if you had a sles 11 with current service on it on z14 you could do the
same configuration and get hardware accelerated https working.

There are changes coming though - Boeblingen has gotten some of the
hardware crypto exploitation moved closer to the packages that actually use
it in their upstream versions, so at some point some of the steps in your
existing recipe will not be needed.

 See Reinhard Buendgen's latest SHARE presentations for more detail :
http://events.share.org/Summer2017/Public/SpeakerDetails.aspx?FromPage=Sessions.aspx&ContactID=4536

--
Jay Brenneman