Check in /etc/udev/rules.d  and see if you have an entry for it.

That's basically when it does, along with varying it online with chccwdev.

And no, not too late.  You can run it any time.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Dave Myers
Sent: Friday, March 2, 2018 9:54 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: [LINUX-390] Extended LVM - want to make sure changes are ready for
next boot

This is a SLES12 question.
I extended an LVM and DID NOT run the dasd_configure command.
Extend is fine, but now I'm wondering if my changes will survive a boot ??

What does dasd_configure do, and is it too late now to run that command to
harden changes??
If so, how do I make sure my LVM extend will be OK after next boot ??

Thanks,
Dave

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/

http://wiki.linuxvm.org/