Cross-posted from VM Workshop.org

Dear z/VM, z/VSE, and Linux on IBM Z Professionals (new and experienced),
zNextGen, and Enthusiasts,

Just a reminder that the 2018 VM Workshop is only three months away. This year
the workshop will be heading back to North Carolina Agricultural and Technical
State University in Greensboro, NC for two and a half days packed full of
education and networking.
Mark your Calendars!
If not already done, please mark your calendars for June 28-30th and visit our
website at www.vmworkshop.org<http://www.vmworkshop.org> for more information
and 2018 registration details<http://vmworkshop.org/register.shtml>.  Please
remember to take advantage of our "Early Bird
Special<http://vmworkshop.org/2018fees.shtml>" registration of $100 which goes
to $130 on May 1st.
Grab a Room!
Our website has been updated with a list of
hotels<http://vmworkshop.org/2018hotl.shtml> you may consider if the on-campus
dorm rooms<http://vmworkshop.org/2018dorm.shtml> do not meet your needs.  A
description of the dorm room offer and prices can also be found on our website.
Propose a Session to Present!
We are looking for presentation submissions for the workshop. Presentations
must be on topics related to z/VM, z/VSE, and Linux on Z.  If you have recently
created or installed an application, found a new way to accomplish a task,
etc., please consider sharing your experience with us.  Even if you won't fill
a complete session time slot, we can schedule multiple user experience
presentations into one session.  For details on other sought-after topics and
presentation requirements, please visit our session
proposal<http://www.vmworkshop.org/2018sesp.shtml> submissions page.

For those of you considering a presentation submission including a demo, our
sponsor ITC has offered to provide a fully operational zPDT system with three
CPs activated for use by all presenters and educators at the conference.  It
will have z/VM, z/VSE, and Linux on Z installed and available.  If you have
questions please see our session proposal<http://vmworkshop.org/2018sesp.shtml>
page for ITC contact info.

Checkout our Sponsors!
We encourage you to visit our 2018
sponsors<http://vmworkshop.org/2018spon.shtml> page to review our list of
companies who help us keep this event affordable.
Spread the Word!
Please feel free to forward this reminder to your associates and mainframe
friends who might be interested in this affordable educational experience. We
will provide more information periodically as we get closer to the Workshop.

We look forward to seeing you in Greensboro on June 28-30!

Marc I. Smith
VM Workshop Communications Committee | IBM Z Champion

[cid:image002.jpg@01D3C778.768ECF70]