From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Bill
Bitner
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2018 9:37 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: RHEL 6.9 servers getting Unknown program exception: 0028 SMP

Rick,
As we discussed on phone, but for benefit of others. My last append forgot to
point out that the TRACE needs to be done for all the virtual processors in the
virtual machine. Otherwise only, only the base VMDBK is protected.

This can be done by using the "CPU" command:
CPU ALL CMD TRACE PROG 28 NOTERM NOPRINT RUN

I apologize for giving both of us a fright and for those following along.

Regards,
Bill

Bill Bitner - z/VM Customer Focus and Care - 607-429-3286 bitn...@us.ibm.com
"Making systems practical and profitable for customers through virtualization
and its exploitation." - z/VM

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/

http://wiki.linuxvm.org/