The below email is classified: Internal

Hello group,

Recently we had a DASD failure and I had to delete and recreate logical volume
in LVM. We had two model-9 DASDs defined as two logical volumes (different
volume groups). I used lvcreate -l 1760  to make sure the number of extents is
the same as before. When I mount it, df command shows 110MB difference from old
volume. In LVM number of Allocated PE are the same.
Volume db4lv was created by LVM2 version 2.02.39 back in 2014...  Volume db1lv
created by LVM2 version 2.02.98(2). They have to match in size.
Any ideas what can be the reason of this ?

  Filesystem                                    1K-blocks    Used Available
Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/DB4VG-db4lv         7208008  978512   6229496  14% /DB4
/dev/mapper/DB1VG-db1lv         7095808   15828   6719532   1% /DB1

# vgs -a -o +devices
  DB1VG      1   1   0 wz--n-  6.88g    0  /dev/dasdae1(0)
  DB2VG      1   1   0 wz--n-  6.88g    0  /dev/dasdaa1(0)

Bus-ID     Status      Name      Device  Type  BlkSz  Size      Blocks
0.0.0305   active      dasdaa    94:104   ECKD  4096   7042MB    1802880
0.0.0309   active      dasdae    94:120   ECKD  4096   7042MB    1802880

# pvdisplay
  --- Physical volume ---
  PV Name               /dev/dasdae1
  VG Name               DB1VG
  PV Size               6.88 GiB / not usable 2.41 MiB
  Allocatable           yes (but full)
  PE Size               4.00 MiB
  Total PE              1760
  Free PE               0
  Allocated PE          1760

  --- Physical volume ---
  PV Name               /dev/dasdaa1
  VG Name               TSM1DB2VG
  PV Size               6.88 GiB / not usable 2.41 MiB
  Allocatable           yes (but full)
  PE Size               4.00 MiB
  Total PE              1760
  Free PE               0
  Allocated PE          1760

Thanks,
Mariusz
Infrastructure Support
zVM zLinux
Deutsche Börse Services s.r.o.
Sokolovská 662/136b
186 00 Prague 8
Czech Republic
+420 2964 28581
+420 737208624

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen.
Wenn Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Empfaenger sind, informieren Sie bitte
sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese E-Mail. Das unbefugte Kopieren
dieser E-Mail oder die unbefugte Weitergabe der enthaltenen Informationen
ist nicht gestattet.

The information contained in this message is confidential or protected by
law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
unauthorised distribution of the information contained herein is prohibited.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead