From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Mark
Post
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2018 7:20 PM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: SUSE SLES 12 missing PHP extensions

>>> On 1/2/2018 at 02:42 PM, Aria Bamdad <a...@bsc.gwu.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have an application that requires the PHP-Tidy extension among others.
> Previously with SLES 11, this extension, among others was provided by SUSE
> for PHP 5.2 that came with SLES 11.  Now with SLES 12, PHP 5.5 and 7 are
> available but for some unknown reason, this extension and other were left
> out.  According to PHP documentation, the PHP-Tidy extension is now
bundled
> with PHP and is available using the --with-tidy configure option.
However,
> the only way to do this is to rebuild PHP from source again.
>

> I have had a ticket open with SUSE support for over a month and they are
> dragging their feet and not coming up with a solution.  This is crazy.
> Anyone else has had any issue with this and other PHP extensions that are
> part of the base and missing on SLES 12?

Hi, Aria,

I'm sorry that I'm 9 months late in responding to this.  It looks like
php7-tidy is in the SUSE Package Hub.  As such, it's not supported, but
installing it won't cause any problems with your systems being considered
"supportable" by SUSE.  It also means that SUSE Product Management has
decided to not include php7-tidy in the SLES product.  On the plus side, it
appears that it's being kept current on security fixes; a couple of patches
were added just 2 weeks ago.

You'll need to have your system(s) registered either with SCC, or a local
SMT server.  The package should be available via one of the
SUSE-PackageHub-?? channels.

send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or