Hello,

I want to write a program in C and use a diagnose instruction.

I thought I could do

__asm___( “ diag ... “ ...);

but that fails because diag is not a real instruction mnemonic.  When I use
gcc to compile and link I get an error:

Program.c(.text+0x578): undefined reference to ‘x480a032’

I thought I could code dc x’8312....’ and force the use of registers 1 and
2 but it complains that dc is not valid. (The doc says instructions
including directives are ok.  But obviously not dc directives. :-)  I also
tried upper case just to be thorough)

How can I coerce C into generating a diagnose instruction?

Thanks,
Don