root=/dev/root won't do it. You need to point it at something. For example,
with ClefOS:

root=live:http://download.sinenomine.net/clefos/7/images/install.img

Is the DVD addressable via FTP?

On 11/20/18, 16:11, "Linux on 390 Port on behalf of Jim Elliott"
<LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU on behalf of jlelliot...@gmail.com> wrote:

    OK, so we got RHEL 7.6 downloaded instead of Fedora. We have the files from
    the .iso on a thumb drive inserted into the HMC. When we use this
    generic.prm file we get (after a lot of messages) "Warning: /dev/root does
    not exist". I am sure we have something wrong here, but nothing obvious to
    us.