.
>Any ideas about what I could be missing?

More info...

In the KVM guest I can see broadcast packets coming from other systems on the
same subnet. When I try to ping one of those other systems from within the KVM
guest, the guest ARPs for a MAC address and never receives a response.

Side note: it seems odd to me that the guest would ARP for the MAC address. I'd
have thought the address would've been in the guest's ARP cache. Dumping the
ARP cache in the guest shows the HWaddress for the other systems as
"(incomplete)".