Thanks Joe, I have received the link and have read the recommendations. It
surely will help improve one's chances of getting hired.

One comment though on your ending quote, re: COBOL programmer:

>From info from former colleagues, most Sysprogs started as Operators or
Programmers/Developers. One advantage though of those having programming
background is that they can automate their tasks instead of repetitively
enter whatever commands they have to enter in the system/operator console.

I have once worked with a Senior Network Engineer (VTAM/TCP-IP) who's been
in the same role for 20+ years but has never learned REXX, much more,
Assembler.

Just speaking from experience.

Thanks again.
Virgilio Calimlim