So it seems to return an 8 now on SP4 , which messes up my scripting :(

myhost:~ # export DEBUG=yes
myhost:~ # dasd_configure 0.0.8002 1 0
All the parms passed were  -- '0.0.8002' '1' '0'
Found the end of parms indicator: --
chzdev -e dasd --no-root-update 0.0.8002  use_diag=0
ECKD DASD 0.0.8002 configured
DASD 0.0.8002 is unformatted.
myhost:~ # echo $?
8

Should I just be using that chzdev command now?   Seems to do the same thing.
I noticed also that /etc/udev/rules.d names are changed
SP3 name: 51-dasd-0.0.8000.rules
SP4 name: 41-dasd-eckd-0.0.8002.rules

Doesn't seem to be a problem but just throwing that out there.

Marcy

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are
not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not
use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for
your cooperation.

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390