A little more complicated...
I think you want 'VINPUT VMSG'
Then, if your guest has a directory console statement so it has other than
SYSC, you get: "HCPPCX6531E The operating system will not accept commands
from the service processor." Of course in that case a simple send works but
you still need to wrap it in an exec to get mixed case.

--
Mike Harding
z/VM System Support

mhard...@us.ibm.com
mikehard...@mindless.com
(925) 672-3922 | (925) 672-4403 (h)
(925) 323-2070 (m)
/sp

Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU> wrote on 08/16/2019 09:54:22
AM:

> From: Neale Ferguson <ne...@sinenomine.net>
> To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
> Date: 08/16/2019 09:57 AM
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Defined minidisks RHEL 6.0 on z/VM to grow /
> FS, forgot to Persistently Setting DASDs Online with /etc/zipl.conf and
zipl.
> Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU>
>
> In the interim a simple REXX program? (Assuming you have a SECUSER
> or a privileged user)
>
> /* */
> parse arg Target Command
> upper Target
> CPRc = DIAGRC(8,'SEND' Target 'VINPUT' Command)
> parse var CPRC Rc Message
> if (Rc <> 0) then
>     say Message
> exit Rc
>
> On 8/16/19, 12:47, "Linux on 390 Port on behalf of Marcy Cortes"
> <LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU on behalf of marcy.d.cor...@wellsfargo.com>
wrote:

>     Alan wrote:
>     >I've been thinking for some time that we might want to consider
> revisiting
>     >that for the VINPUT command.  It's a command specifically designed
>     >deliver data to a guest, not CP and not someone else's console.As
such,
>     >it should be left to the guest to do the translation if it wants to.
>
>     That sounds like a great idea.   RFE anyone?  Or add to the z/VM
> council site?
>
>     Marcy

>     For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
>     send email to lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO
> LINUX-390 or visit
>     https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?

u=http-3A__www2.marist.edu_htbin_wlvindex-3FLINUX-2D390&d=DwIGaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-

> siA1ZOg&r=jEBtqVYynGR6y_V-

dkwVF1mYKhZoeLn0xfDfGi8GI2A&m=T3lyYyrlDsZJSsSPvyMrIAbevE7X9L3S832VrUIbTZs&s=7OgJiRllICQvEjBIJCnYpsIyjg-

http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?LINUX-390