Hi Jim,
We have no documentation dedicated to migrations from z/VM to KVM.
Are there any particular issues that we could address in z/VM to keep the
customer happy, or is the decision to move to KVM already a done deal?

So, if you want to get started, it is important to verify that KVM provides all
pieces required in the current z/VM based installation. There is a wide variety
of solutions in the open source ecosystem to address customers' needs, but it is
also easy to get lost in the selection - KVM in the Linux distributions is a
starting point, but usually no integrated solution with all bells and whistles.
You can find our official documentation on KVM at
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/linuxonibm/liaaf/lnz_r_kvm_base.html.
Specifically, check the "KVM Virtual Server Management" document.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Stefan Raspl

Linux on Z & Virtualization Development
IBM Deutschland
Schoenaicher Str. 220
71032 Boeblingen
Phone: +49-7031-16-2177
E-Mail: stefan.ra...@de.ibm.com
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
Matthias Hartmann
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
243294