Cris,

I had the same issue here. As I wrote to you, if you type E on the boot
selection menu, and edit the line displayed, you get into single root user
mode without specifying a password. see, for example,
http://chriscientific.blogspot.com/2016/03/suse-sles-12-single-user-mode-w.html

ITschak
ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring
for z/OS, x/Linux & IBM I **| z/VM comming son  *